Sunday, November 18, 2018

Daughters of the King and a dissected frog

We are figuring out life here by ourselves. Besides we are a party with just our boys.


We are surrounded by awesome people, including our branch. In fact, this week they did their primary presentation. That's gotta count for some public speaking points, right?


And of course our favourite people, Matilda's family! Matilda is our housekeeper, and she's so sweet to us. She even gave us a kitty this week.



And we've been gardening! We've gotten potato like things, beans, and tomatoes, and now BANANAS from our garden. Can't wait for the pineapples to get ripe!


Also, we are really trying to get organized so that we spend less time on mamsy pamsy discipline and too much time on screens and instead, focused on school or the outdoors.

We made a new chart:



SOCIAL STUDIES

We've been studying William Penn. I love that guy. Talk about a guy with vision! I think history books need to focus on this guy more.

We also Studied the Filles du Roi and have been reading this book:


SCIENCE

Well, we still haven't done an official science club, but we did do an impromptu science class. With some more heavy rain, frogs came back. I kind of muttered to myself that I should do a dissection, but I'm too wimpy, and soon Daniel comes with a dead frog saying he "accidentally" killed it so we could dissect it!

Abraham was so excited. "We're going to look inside the froggy!" but Maxwell didn't want to. Hummm maybe not a vet in the making after all.



Hyrum made an epic movie about the experience. I thought it was hilarious, but Dustin said it was disturbing. What do you think?


And although Maxwell wasn't interested in the frog, he WAS interested in the salt water powered car he made from a kit he bought himself. Hmmmm maybe an engineer in the making. Yep.


MATH

First, I just have to say that William is so cute, whenever we do an addition problem, he makes the plus sign look like a cross and says "Look! Jesus!"

Maxwell's



Hyrum's



I just had to include this. He eventually did do those questions, but I loved his artistic way of saying he didn't know how to answer!

Daniel


LANGUAGE ARTS

So before I talk about everything, I just have to say, that it's fun living by Australia. We don't have very many picture books, but the picture books we do have we got from second hand stores. And the second hand stories sell things they got from Australians, and so we are collecting quite a bit of Australian children's stories, and I love them!

Crazy Charlie is my favourite.


Maxwell-umm, oh blah he's been doing it, I just can't find it right now.

Hyrum and his continuing saga

The Warrior Elements....Continued

When Flame got on, he instantly stomped the back as hard as he could, and he was thrust into the air.

Flame and Vibe went extremely fast. Flame remembered the hoodoos, and turned so he was headed in that direction. He looked around for Vape, and saw him off to the side doing loop-d-loops. and yelling "Woohoo!" Flame decided to join in with making loop-d-loops. After all, it was far for the water element to get to the hoodoos and Flame was sure he could catch up.

Flame finally focused again and shot off like a rocket towards the hoodoos.

Instantly, the grass disappeared and there was a river with greyish green blurs that must have been the hoodoos. Then there was green again. Instantly, Flame tried to stop, realizing he had gone too far. Instead of hoovering, he slammed down on the front, which made him shoot down to the ground.

Then everything went black. Flame felt like he was still falling. He opened his eyes, and he saw not the jungle, but what looked like an ice city. He saw little dots of blue moving and when his eyes focused, he realized they were water elements.

Beyond the ice city was the jungle, but as Flame looked at the sky, he saw the shimmer of see-through octagons creating a dome over the city.

He realized he was still falling. He saw his board falling next to him by a broken octagon. He swam through the air to his board. "This is just like skydiving" he thought. He grabbed his board and tried to brake, but SNAP! The board broke into two.

Flame looked up hoping he would land in soft snow and not die.


Daniel's:
The Adventures of Digital 3s....Continued

"First we need some E-slime." I said.

Drooplet said "I know how to make some."

"We also need two healing bugs." I said.

Drooplet said "You two look for healing bugs, while I make the E-slime." We had finished the potion in no time. Then I had Jack drink half of it while I put the other half on his wounds. That's how you heal the outside and inside.

Then Drooplet started to glow with a moonlight glow. Jack said "How are you glowing, Drop of Water?"

"My name's Drooplet. I'm glowing because my water queen needs me. Telepathically, she's telling me to bring back help."

Twister said "Hey, we could come."

Drooplet said "Oh, you guys won't be that much help."

Twister said "Hey, I thought you said we would save the whole water tribe!"

"Oh yeah, that's true, but you guys were pretty helpless with those beasts just now, plus I'm not actually sure if you are the right people, and besides, the legend might not be true. You can come anyways.."

No comments:

Post a Comment