Sunday, April 17, 2016

Candy Shop Wars

Look at me! I'm posting after just one week!

This week has been as bad as last week in the school department. I didn't even do science. I blamed it on the fact that "real school" is out for spring break, but really, I don't even keep track of things like that. In fact, I sent my kids to Westwind for their weekly classes on Wed, forgetting they were closed! Hyrum came back all bloodied up because he biffed it going down the hill on his scooter, poor guy.

But this week, Maxwell has been learning a lot...about how a Candy Shop works!!! Auntie Bear has opened a real deal amazing Candy Shop!


They opened on Friday, but Maxwell has been biking over there all week long to get ready. He is SO into this, and SO excited about it all. He calls himself their youngest employee and he is all business.

He is constantly coming up with ideas on how to help their shop, and he came to me practically glowing on Thursday before it opened and said "i've been daydreaming about the shop. I can imagine it crowded and I walk through all the people because I know where I'm going and then I turn around and say "I work here, how can I help you." and then the real crazy stuff happens."


This has been coinciding with our family reading. I may only/partially get basics in lately, but I still read to my kids!  And what have we been reading you ask? "CANDY SHOP WARS" obviously! Such a fun book all about a candy shop and magic candy.


We finished it, but thankfully it has a Sequel, and.....get this.....one of the main character's name is.....  LINDY!!! Of course, Lindy is actually Belinda, who was the major antagonist of the last book and may or may not be evil incarnate.....so this may not be flattering, but it's very fun.


And since I don't have any photos to show school accomplishments, here are some photos to show where all my effort has been going.

















You want to buy my house now, don't you? Well good news! You can!

No comments:

Post a Comment