Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mythology brought to Life

I absolutely loved greek mythology as a kid.  As a mom, I kind of wince at all the affairs, jealousy, revenge, and murder.....well....it's culture....right?  Hummmm.......and I thought the arabian nights were bad.

Maxwell has been a fascinated student as usual anyway.

We started out or Greek learning by acting out Theseus and the Minotaur. We actually had two Minotaurs who lived in the centre of our yarn maze in a cavern made out of toppled over couches.  We also had two Theseuses and of course the beautiful Ariadne.


There IS a maze, but you can't really see it in this photo.

We also leaned that Greeks would paint myths on black vases with gold so....


Maxwell did Pandora's box.


Humm not the delicate artistic creations I had imagined....maybe in four years eh?

And yes we didn't get to this activity until night time...I just dare you to judge me!


For preschool we learned that "h" says hhhh as in hhhhot and made lei necklaces.  Hyrum is OBSESSED with the letter 'H." so I was very happy for him that we finally got around to celebrating it properly.



And no, we didn't do "official" science this week, but we did do plenty of unofficial science from Christmas present kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment